Welcome to Park Comedy by One Mic Standup.
We’re doing free stand-up comedy over Summer as the sun goes down and we’re doing it in Auckland’s Potters Park. We will try to be in, or as close as possible to, the band rotunda, look for someone setting a speaker.
Each show lasts about 90 minutes & is conducted according to the government’s Covid-19 rules and advice (more).
This is a public park & alcohol consumption is controlled by Auckland council. Our reading of their rules is that alcohol is permitted unless there is a liquor ban in effect. Searching their site did not reveal any liquor bans in existence for this area. Caveats:
- We’re comedians not lawyers & accept no responsibility for anything that might look like legal advice
- Light social drinking enhances the enjoyment of comedy for some people. Heavy drinking can ruin the enjoyment of the night for you. Please drink responsibly.
For comfort we suggest:
- Bring something to sit on and a water bottle.
- Snacks can be good also. It’s hard to hear laughter over rumbling stomachs.
- Even if it’s warm, we finish right on sunset & it can get cold or blustery at the end of the day. Coats are good.
Scroll down to our calendar for the next gig. Hint: It will be next Tuesday at 6:30 PM, unless this is Tuesday when it will be today.