In its running and organisation Park Comedy is fairly typical of Auckland open mic comedy nights:
- We pre-book comedians. This is done through our Facebook group.
- The call for a cast is normally posted 6 days before show time.
We differ from other open mics in:
- We perform outside.
- As we use natural light, it’s imperative that we keep to time. As yours nears its end, the MC will approach the stage.
- This means “The light” isn’t actually a physical light. The MC will approach the stage as your allotted time draws to an end. We’ll aim for 30 seconds ahead of time.
- We allow comedians to specify their own set length, within reason.
- We allow sign-ups from the floor, time permitting.
We comply with the government rules on operating in a Covid-19 environment. Details.
This is a public park & alcohol consumption is controlled by Auckland council. Our reading of their rules is that alcohol is permitted unless there is a liquor ban in effect. Searching their site did not reveal any liquor bans in existence for this area. Caveat:
- We’re comedians not lawyers & accept no responsibility for anything that might look like legal advice
- If you choose to, please drink responsibly, especially before your set.
Code of Conduct
We have not developed our own code of conduct as we believe that there should be a single code of conduct used by all comedy shows in New Zealand. The New Zealand Comedy Guild Incorporated has developed a code that we fully endorse. It can be found here (pdf).
We expect everyone involved with our shows, including ourselves, to abide by this code.