The summer season of Park Comedy is about to get underway, starting on the 7th (Weather permitting) at Pt Chev and we hope to see you there. All our shows are true open mics with a continuously rotating cast.
Our full November schedule is:
- 7th & 22nd, Pt Chev Library. A charming little paved square with concrete seating outside the storm damaged library building. As long as it’s not raining we will be there for you.
- 8th & 28th, Selwyn Domain, Mission Bay. A thin layer of grass over sand so it drains quickly after rain. We can perform there in the evening after moderate rain in the morning.
- 14th & 29th, Heard Park, Parnell. Another paved area with seating in a boutique park. Like Pt Chev, we can perform shortly after rain.
- 15th, Jellicoe Park, Onehunga. A beautiful grassed hillside near the memorial arch on Quadrant Road. Unfortunately the ground hasn’t properly dried yet from Summer & Winter and we can’t perform there if there’s been any rain on the day, moderate rain or worse the day before or severe rain 2 days previous.
- 21st, Potters Park, Balmoral. Another beautiful grassed hillside on the corner of Balmoral & Dominion Roads we’ll set up near the 5.6 metre walking boy statue. Unfortunately when it comes to rain, this park is in the same situation as Jellicoe Park and we can’t perform there if there’s been any rain on the day, moderate rain or worse the day before or severe rain 2 days previous.
Looking out the window at the remnants of tropical cyclone Lola as I wrote this on Monday, it looked like a replay of last summer, but the long range forecast is it should be a lot better by start date. Obviously we can’t perform if actually raining, but our first three gigs are in places that recover rapidly so please keep your fingers crossed for us.
Looking forward to seeing you there
Julia & Tessa Clement