We have a mix of objective and subjective criteria.
- The park must be on (or very close) to a bus route.
Some comedians don’t drive & buses are an economical alternative.
- There must be nearby parking.
This is so we can load / unload our sound and light gear.
- The performing area (including audience area) must be visible from the road.
This is a safety issue.
- There must be a well lit path to the road.
Again, for safety.
- There must be a suitable area for the audience to sit and watch the performers.
- The park must have public toilets close to the performing area.
- We don’t perform in the CBD
1. Go to Eventfinda and drill down on comedy in central Auckland. The vast majority of shows are in the CBD, we see little point being lost in the crowd and would rather take the LOLs to the audiences.
2. Many of the parks we would consider lack nearby parking.
- We strongly prefer parks within 8 km of the CBD
- We like to walk the ground and consider how we feel about it as a performing site.
- Where will the stage go, how does that relate to where the audience is likely to be?
- Is the park well maintained? One park we really wanted to use was effectively a building site.